Want a PRIZE for helping me raise money for El Lobo, the Mexican gray wolf?
“On March 29, 1998, 11 captive-reared Mexican gray wolves were released to the wild for the first time in the Blue Range Recovery Area of Arizona and New Mexico. Missing from the landscape for more than 30 years, the howl of the rarest and most unique subspecies of gray wolf was once again greeted by the mountains of the southwest. This year marks the 19th anniversary of this historic event, a significant milestone for the lobo and wildlife conservation.” Wolf Conservation Center, New York.
WRITERS for WILDLIFE
SAVE EL LOBO WRITING COMPETITION!
If you love wolves or even if you simply respect the right of the wolf to live as it was meant to live, then this contest is for you!!
Who is eligible for the writing contest?
Anyone who loves to write and wants to support El Lobo! This is for all ages, and all genres will be accepted.
Who is judging the writing contest?
The entries will be submitted anonymously to several judges who will be unmasked later …
Entries will earn points rubrik-style based on the following categories: Creativity, Originality, Gets-Me-In-The-Gut, Proper Grammar/Punctuation. The three entries with the most points will be awarded the prizes. If there is a tie, then my amazingly talented writer-daughter will be the tie breaker. I won’t be involved in the judging process.
FUN DEAL: If you aren’t up for submitting an entry, would you like to be a judge? All judges will get a PRIZE just for helping out! If you’re interested, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will select the first 3 people I hear from.
UPDATE: My judging panel is filled and they are CHOMPING at the bit to read some cool stuff! Keep those entries coming!!
Rules? Yes, there are rules.
-Contest entries must feature a wolf in some way, although the wolf does not have to be the main character, or a character at all.
-Contest entries must feature the wolf species in a positive or hopeful light. Anti-wolf submissions will be disqualified.
-Maximum word length: 250.
-The deadline for this contest is March 31, 2017 11:59 pm, EST. Winners will be announced on this blog, along with their entries, on April 10.
How to Enter:
-Send your contest entry in the body of an email (no attachments please!) to email@example.com. You may include a title, but it is not necessary.
-10 BONUS POINTS for signing up for my Museletter for Writers here.
-10 BONUS POINTS for sharing on social media and linking back to this specific post on my blog.
-For each social share, you get an extra 5 points! Just link back to my blog so I know you did it!
Prizes? Yes, there are prizes.
- Wolf Conservation Center is selling this T-shirt. That’s the Grand Prize. Winners get to select color and size. If you’d rather forego the shirt, I will make a monetary donation to Wolf Conservation Center.
- A free copy of any of my e-books.
- 20% off any of my writing or editing or coaching services.
- Some other doo-dads I haven’t decided on yet. Any suggestions? Add them in the comments!
- The knowledge that your writing entry has helped us protect the 400 remaining Mexican Wolves in the country, with the hope that we can grow that number to a more sustainable population size!
- I will personally donate $5.00 to Wolf Conservation Center for EVERY entry I receive. So with your 250 words or less you can help support this amazing place!! That’s a prize for the center, and a prize for your heart and soul!!
- UPDATE — and this is HUGE — We have a MATCHING DONOR!! Yes! Now, for every entry I receive $10.00 will be donated to Wolf Conservation Center. Send in your entry before the DEADLINE MARCH 31, 11:59 PM EST!!
I am really excited to be able to offer this contest, and I hope you will all take part! Even if you aren’t interested in winning, please use this opportunity to build your writing skills. You know I’m a Time Nazi, and I believe that writing every day is the best way to improve your writerlyness!